5 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
12 months FTC - maternity cover
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Secretaries are held in very high regard at Eversheds Sutherland. We don't just want people who are great typists, but flexible and committed individuals who can think on their feet, work well with our clients and have the drive to get things done. We will fully reward you for your talents in a highly supportive environment that offers genuine career paths.
You will be responsible for a broad range of activities, including:
• Pro-active and appropriate use of Outsourced Document Production teams, typing urgent/confidential work delivered to Eversheds Sutherland House-style
• Assisting legal advisers to open new matters, proactively managing manual and electronic filing and archiving and collation
• Contribute to the development of the business and delivering excellent service to our clients
• Supporting legal advisers with marketing and Business Development related activity, organising invitations, marketing materials etc, plus Meet & Greets where appropriate
• Dealing with incoming telephone calls in a professional and efficient manner
• Use strong organisational skills to ensure that legal advisers have all the information they require for meetings both internal and external
• Learn how to use the travel and diary systems in a comprehensive manner to allow bookings to be made for fee earners
• General administration, including room bookings, expenses and responding to central and Practice Group initiatives/requests and helping the legal teams to arrange internal training events and proactive management of secretarial related tasks
• Preparation of finance forms including monthly billing and submission of such forms to the accounts teams
• Support to the Office Manager with general ad hoc tasks
• Be able to work as part of a team in order to complete specific ad hoc tasks
Skills and experience:
It is essential that the candidate will have a good level of legal secretarial training and experience of working in a busy legal team as a Secretary or PA. A high level of administrative experience will be required.
It is expected that you will be able to support a team of legal advisers and produce high quality documents, manage extremely busy diaries, arrange complex travel itineraries and have an enthusiastic approach to dealing with day to day tasks and longer term initiatives/projects.
• Supports all firmwide initiatives
• Seeks to provide outstanding levels of client service at all times
• Projects a positive and professional image of the firm to clients
• Seeks opportunities to grow and share knowledge and learn about wider business activity
• Injects energy and enthusiasm into the team.
• Uses initiative and anticipates what is needed and takes appropriate action
• Demonstrates confidence in own ability
• Focuses on solutions, not problems
• Is proficient in the use of basic computer packages and is building on this knowledge weekly by attending appropriate training courses
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.
As an inclusive employer we want to see every candidate performing at their best so we use ClearTalents™ to discover how we might improve your application experience
Follow this link to see if ClearTalents can help you
Please note by registering on Clear talents, you will not have applied to the vacancy. To do so, please click on 'Apply now' and complete the application