Located in the beautiful city of Bath, our Residential Property, Farms and Estates team are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to provide an efficient and effective secretarial & administrative support to the Residential Property team, to ensure the department functions effectively and to enable the department to achieve its objectives.
Main responsibilities include:
• Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner
• Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, audio-typing, filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
• Draft documents and bills, from instruction using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
• Undertake basic legal processes, under supervision, such as assisting to process cases through portals, obtaining relevant documentation, arranging case meetings, arranging funding, liaising with the court, completing relevant forms and processing monies.
• Check to ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in particular with regards to file opening processes. Audit files with the department to ensure files comply with risk management policies and procedures
• Update the CRM system to input data and manage the client information through the system including adding contact details, referrals and new clients. Act as a superuser for the system
• Build relationships with 3rd parties (such as agents, referrers, experts and other solicitors), under supervision, by acting as point of contact, responding to enquiries and building a good rapport
• Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security , data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
• Ensure adherence to all affiliations. Standards connected to the department (Passport checks, legal Aid, Land registry)
• Time record for aspects of work where appropriate