Our client, a well regarded and highly successful private practice based in central Leeds, are actively recruiting for a Legal Secretary to work with their Corporate, Banking, Property and Corporate Recovery teams.
Secretaries play an integral part in supporting the business with everyday secretarial duties and administration tasks including:
· Audio transcription and copy typing correspondence
· Preparation and amendment of legal documents
· Copying, scanning and collating enclosures for correspondence
· Billing and other financial administration duties including cheque requisitions
· Maintaining the filing system
· Telephone call handling, dealing with client queries and responding to calls professionally and efficiently
· Diary management including meeting requests
· Dealing with the Land Registry, searches and using search provider websites
· General administrative tasks e.g. preparing expenses claims, making travel arrangements etc
· Such other administrative duties as you may reasonably be asked to undertake
· Assisting other teams throughout the office as required
· Operating and complying with all the firm’s policies and procedures, including producing all documents in house style
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
Organisational: · Can handle various fee earner requests concurrently and maintain a high quality of work · Meet all agreed deadlines · Work closely with fee earners and Business Support Managers to ensure all tasks are delivered in an accurate and timely manner Quality · Maintain high standards of work at all times · Deliver consistently good quality work · Execute work succinctly, meeting deadlines · High levels of attention to detail Behaviour · Be pro active and display a willingness to get involved · Be approachable and enthusiastic about your work · Discretion and confidentiality in all matters · Be capable, when required, of being an ambassador for the brand · Show a good understanding of the clients’ needs · Demonstrate tenacity when chasing for information Communication · Develop a good and approachable relationship with colleagues and clients · Keep your manager informed of all issues with regard your work. · Ensure your manager is aware of your movements · Be professional in all forms of communication General · Develop and upgrade skills continually; attend internal training sessions when relevant · To maintain appropriate levels of efficiency. Be prepared to work overtime as necessary to complete the job.
You will need to have the following Skills & Knowledge: · High level of experience with IT packages including all Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc · Excellent organisational skills · Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously · Ability to work calmly under pressure · Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients, contacts and internal colleagues · Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent attention to detail · High degree of motivation · Ability to prioritise workload, managing several strands of work
You will need to be: Fast and accurate worker · Good time management skills · Excellent organisation skills · Good communication skills · Team player · Calm under pressure
This is a full time, permanent role with working hours of 10.00am – 6.00pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, with one hour for lunch.