Stone King is a highly regarded law firm with offices in Bath, London, Cambridge and Leeds.
The firm prides itself on its core values and the importance of teamwork. We recruit and retain a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals, committed to delivering effective, client-focused legal services.
This role is for a Legal Secretary to primarily support one of the Partners within the Employment Team. Alongside this, they will also be available to provide additional secretarial and administrative support to the other members of the Employment, Regulation and Dispute Team when the need arises.
The role will report to the Senior Legal Secretary and will work alongside the teams Legal Secretaries, providing support within both the Bath office and the firms other locations.
The above tasks are those that will be required on a day-to-day/weekly/monthly basis but there will also be additional administrative tasks required as and when.
· Previous experience of working as a PA is essential.
· Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
· Good time management skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Experience of diary management.
· Experience of making and managing travel arrangements.
· Strong inter-personal skills when dealing with the partner, the firm’s clients and work colleagues alike.
· Good communication skills not only in person but also in writing.
· Strong telephone skills, both answering and transferring calls where necessary and passing on messages in a detailed and professional manner.
· Good IT skills; proficient at Mattersphere/Word/Excel/PowerPoint (including producing presentations) and at using other IT equipment such as scanner/copier.
· Accurate and efficient audio and copy typing skills.
· Accurate grammar and spelling, both written and spoken.
· Ownership of tasks through to completion.
· The ability to use initiative and display a can-do attitude to solving problems.
· Administrative capacity and the ability to contribute to improving working practices.
The candidate must be discreet when dealing with the Firm’s confidential affairs.
Personal qualities are important. The candidate is expected to work as part of a team with other members of the Team. Having a positive can-do attitude along with the ability to focus and remain composed in times of increased pressure are important.
The ability to work in harmony with others and to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned.
You will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by the Senior Legal Secretary.