11 months ago
Role Profile Level 1L
(Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 5pm)
Large Loss Liverpool 2
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our national Large Loss team provides an expert, experienced legal service dealing with claims involving injuries of the utmost severity and more complex technical insurance work. Weightmans’ Large Loss team handles claims reserved at a minimum of £500,000, representing around £750 million of client reserves. The majority of claims we deal with are motor, but we also cover employers’ liability, public liability and product liability, as well as substantial dependency fatality claims. Typical cases involve brain, spinal and amputation injuries.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Provision of secretarial support to the fee-earners in the team.
* Processing of dictation received from the designated fee-earners along with any work allocated by the team manager or support team coordinator
* Case file management and support
* Creation of correspondence and documentation under direction and on own initiative
* Maintaining a high level of accuracy
* Adherence to the service levels within the team (especially as required by client service level agreements) and ensure work is completed within these levels at all times
* Effective liaison with the team manager and support team manager to ensure high quality of service to clients
* Effective liaison with other support staff to manage workloads efficiently
* Active progression of one’s own professional development with support from the team manager and support team manager
* Dealing with confidential client matters
* Providing assistance with billing and archiving
* Providing support in relation to case management and IT systems
* Compliance with relevant policies and procedures
* Working in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
* Extensive legal secretarial experience
* Client-facing experience
* Pro-active and works well under pressure
* Fast, accurate typist with excellent audio typing skills
* Ability to create and amend large, complicated documents
* Excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Good teamwork skills
* Flexible approach
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
< Back to available positions
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close