7 months ago
Job Title: Legal Recruitment Resourcer
Hours of work: 9.30am – 5.30pm; 5 days per week.
Reports to: Head of Operations
Purpose of the role:
Vario is unique in the legal sector. A brand within Pinsent Masons ("PM"), it is a hub of self-employed lawyers carefully selected not just for their technical expertise but also for their ability to 'fit right in' and add value from day one. Our 'Varios' (as we call them) work on assignment for clients of PM, non-clients of PM and the firm itself. In doing so, they enhance the flexibility and focus of the organisations they join.
Vario was founded in February 2013 and since then has gone from strength-to-strength, with supply of high quality lawyers and demand from clients increasing by the month.
We've now reached a new stage in our development as we transition from 'start-up' to a maturing business. We are looking to recruit a Talent Acquisition Consultant to support this growth. This is a new role within our small, focused, friendly team. Successful applicants will be rewarded with a challenging, exciting role at the cutting-edge of change in the legal sector and a chance to be involved in the growth of a thriving business.
The Talent Acquisition Consultant will work at the front-line of delivering the Vario service. They are predominantly candidate facing, with also the potential for some client facing opportunities. The role will have a considerable degree of telephone interaction as well as a strong sense of personal ownership of each 'Vario' and each new candidate lead.
* Conducting first sift of candidate applications
* Mining the Vario hub and matching appropriate Varios to open assignments
* Creating hotlists of potential Varios suitable for assignments, for review by Account Managers
* Maintaining contact with Varios to ensure all relevant information is current and up to date
* Providing input on sourcing strategy
* Conducting external searches for potential candidates to join the Vario hub e.g. LinkedIn
* Ensuring that all updated information regarding Varios is recorded on the talent acquisition system
* Supporting Account Managers during candidate interviews as and when required
* Ensuring interview notes are recorded on the Vario talent acquisition system
* Managing enquiries from the business, as required
* Maintaining activity reports that accurately reflect the status of assignments
* Educated to GCSE/‘O’ level standard to include English and Mathematics
* Previous experience of working within or closely with, a legal service provider or an in-house legal team
* Understanding of and interest in the changes in the legal sector.
* Previous experience of working in a professional services or recruitment agency/in-house environment
* Previous experience of mining candidate databases
* Previous experience of resourcing candidates for senior recruiters
* IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Superb organisational skills with an acute attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
* Uses own initiative
* Thinks creatively
* Strong personality, drive and enthusiasm
* 'Goes the extra mile' to ensure a job well-done
* Strives for excellence in all they do
* A team player, willing to roll-up-sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the Vario business
* A clear thinker who stays calm under pressure
* Professional and confident manner on the telephone and face-to-face
* Able and willing to return Vario's flexible approach to hours in kind, working out of normal hours, if required
* Able and willing to undertake occasional travel to client sites or Pinsent Masons' other offices
* Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm’s core values of ‘Approachable, ‘Bold' and ‘Connected'.