8 months ago
Are you looking to work with a team that contributes to working smarter through process improvements and change initiatives?
The Legal Project Management team works with both the lawyers and core business services to help the business manage matters more effectively (from pricing and scoping through to continuous improvement) and identify / deliver changes to working practices and technology opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
About the role
The Legal Project Manager will take ownership for working with the Matter Partner / Lawyer from the outset of a matter through to completion of a matter, providing consultancy advice and hands-on support where required. The level of support will depend on the nature and complexity of the matter, but typical responsibilities will include:
* Scoping the matter
* Planning the matter, including looking for efficiencies in how the matter is delivered and the different resources available (people, processes and technology)
* Agreeing the matter budget with the Matter Exec and Partner, including taking into consideration fee structures
* Putting into place reporting that provides transparency to the matter team, the Partner and the client, aligned to any specific requirements
* Highlighting potential issues around progress, profitability and billing
* Introducing structured communications within the team (weekly progress meetings and reporting) and with the client, where required
* Supporting deal debriefs
When working with clients directly on other initiatives and projects, the typical responsibilities include:
* Attending meetings with clients / partners / senior business support people to discuss business challenges / problems.
* Providing consultancy support and recommendations on possible solutions (either using existing people, processes or technologies or new tools/resources).
* Provide process mapping and improvement capabilities.
* Hands on management of smaller initiatives to deliver the agreed solution.
We are looking for candidates with a background in professional services or the legal sector, with an understanding of a partnership culture and in particular:
* Has a management / business consultancy approach
* Successfully delivered business change projects, from initiation through to benefits realisation
* Has maintained working relationships at all levels of seniority from executive to project team members and supplier representatives
* Has project managed multidisciplinary project teams involving internal and external resources
* Strong consulting and facilitation skills
* Confident and sensitive style
* Adaptable, highly motivated self-starter
* Performs well under pressure. Assertive when necessary
* Approachable and willing to learn new skills / take on responsibility
* Degree (or equivalent)
* A project management and/or process management qualification is desirable
* Strong working skills of MS office applications (Word, Outlook, Power point etc)
* Excellent Excel skills, including using Excel to carry out analysis and reporting
* Experience of MS Project and MS Visio would be an advantage
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
* Strong influencing ability
* Attention to detail
* Able to prioritise quickly, often in busy periods, in a calm manner
* Good office administration skills
* Confident presenter / trainer
* Strong business acumen
* Experience managing and measuring profitable projects
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.