Our client is a top 100 law firm. They are solicitors who aim to create lasting relationships with their clients. They are proud of the advice they offer their business processes and technology and look after their client from beginning to end and ongoing advice and support. They provide their clients proactive, straightforward advice that helps them achieve goals.
We are delighted to be assisting them with a Legal Secretary within their Contentious Probate department. This is a full time and permanent role and based in their offices in central Bath.
As a Legal Secretary you will be responsible for providing efficient administrative and legal support to ensure the Contentious probate functions effectively, enabling the department to achieve the objectives set out in the department business plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner
- Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, audio-typing, filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
- Draft documents and bills, from instruction using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
- Manage diaries (both individual and group) to ensure key dates are adhered to
- Provide administrative support for business development and marketing activities including booking facilities and refreshments, booking specialist, preparing presentation materials and associated documentation
- Provide support for designated fee earners and act as a resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security , data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
- Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department
For this opportunity our client is seeking someone with the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a secretarial role is essential
- Previous experience in a litigation team is desirable
- Secretarial qualifications are highly desirable
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage a busy workload
- Focused on delivering excellent client service
- Excellent secretarial skills are required, including audio-typing.
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Super communication skills
- Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player
Central Bath – no car parking