Legal PA - Real Estate- London
Level of role: SS2
Department: Secretarial Services (Real Estate)
Reporting Line: Secretarial Services Manager
Purpose of the Role
To provide high quality and experienced PA support to a team of partners and fee earners.
- Initiates and drives the billing process
- Contributes to fee earners' financial performance by proactively working with fee earners to manage their matter balances
- Supports fee earners' business development activity
- Ensures all file management processes are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertakes all matter management processes
- Conflict check and Client Due Diligence processes
- Accurately completing the end to end Client Matter Inception (CMI) process
- Drafting of engagement letters
- Preparation and ongoing review of Quality Risk Management (QRM) checklist
- Identifying matters for closure and archiving completed files
- Adheres to firmwide and divisional Best Practice protocols
- Comprehensive diary management
- Forward planning
- Identifying and recommending cost efficient travel options
- Ensuring wider meeting requirements are identified and actioned
- Adheres to the firm's risk and compliance policies and procedures and raises any issues or queries promptly with the relevant Partner and / or Risk and Compliance
- Successfully completes, on time, all compulsory firm training and returns all complaints and claims questionnaires
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- High degree of competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Legal PA experience in a Real Estate focused role would be preferred.
- Legal PA experience in a Contentious Construction or Litigation focused role would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with appropriate and effective use of grammar and punctuation
- Six years' experience (or equivalent) gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet client needs
Addleshaw Goddard is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.