8 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
We require an experienced Legal PA to provide support to our Head of Department Alison Dennis, as well as supporting a number of other fee earners within the IP Transactions and Commercialisation team. The department consists of five partners, nine fee earners and one trainee.
Our IP Transactions and Commercialisation team is top ranked for franchising, commercial contracts and marketing and advertising by Chambers and the Legal 500. We advise a range of clients, big and small, at different stages of maturity and across a variety of sectors, including hotels, retail, food & beverage, services, healthcare and education.
We work with household names advising on their marketing copy, sales promotions, advertising agency agreements, data collection and direct marketing, endorsement contracts, sponsorship and global loyalty schemes and partnership agreements.
* Audio and copy typing of legal documentation and correspondence to a high standard.
* Ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Diary management responsibilities including making appointments, organising meetings, arranging video conference, and ensuring the smooth running of such meetings including ordering refreshments etc. as appropriate.
* File management responsibilities. Opening and closing files including ensuring electronic filing systems are maintained accurately and up to date.
* Proactive client liaison including taking messages, passing on information and dealing with queries.
* Work collaboratively with other secretarial support to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients.
* Mailbox management with the ability to prioritise, categorise and respond to basic client requests and draft responses accordingly.
* Monitoring and being the gatekeeper to fee-earners' mailbox in their absence.
* Management and co-ordination of the Partners’ billing and financial requirements including the preparation of monthly financial reports.
* Work collaboratively with the Accounts department with the generation of monthly bills.
* Processing expenses, invoices and payments received, ensuring that the correct charge codes are used and follow up action taken where appropriate
* Manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving Document Specialists as required and taking ownership
* Organising conference calls on behalf of the fee earners in a timely fashion.
* Organising transport, accommodation and related documentation for UK and international travel as required.
* Prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflict checks, money laundering and audit letters, with direction from partner/fee earner.
* Maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact list.
* Support Marketing and Business Development administration e.g. prepare alerts, presentations, contact sheets and limited internet research etc.
* Any additional ad hoc tasks as required.
Key Skills & Experience
* Must be a competent, fast and accurate typist.
* Must demonstrate strong organisational skills.
* Must possess excellent diary management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and build good relationships with clients and staff within the firm.
* Must have excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills.
* Professional telephone manner and the ability to accurately record and pass on messages.
* Must work well as part of a team but also have the ability to work on own initiative.
* Sound technical skills in the following areas: Microsoft Office IT skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook (Fieldfisher uses Microsoft 2010).
* Proven document or case management skills (Fieldfisher use Worksite).
* Proven experience of using a legal computerised finance system (Fieldfisher use LexisOne).
* Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm with a good level of accuracy.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.