7 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Litigation & Dispute Mgmt
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is an employer of choice, we empower our people to be the very best that they can be, enabling them to provide an outstanding service to clients.
Acting for major clients throughout the world our people regularly deal with large-scale matters involving multiple jurisdictions for multi-nationals and we have an award winning approach to project management. We have been ranked Number 1 in Acritas’ UK Law Firm Brand Index 2017, following on from our inclusion as a Global Elite Law Firm Brand.
Our litigation team has over 70 partners in the UK and over 60 partners in Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. With over 550 lawyers around the globe we mobilise cross-office teams on a regular basis.
We have an opportunity for a Legal Executive or NQ to join our Corporate Claims team in Ipswich.
Our Corporate Claims team are experts in handling personal injury litigation. Working for a wide range of clients across all sectors, they work as part of the wider Eversheds Sutherland team to ensure our clients facing personal injury claims, achieve outcomes that meets their business needs. They are experts in handling all types of claims including gas explosions, asbestos, NIHL, stress, disease, sexual abuse, aviation disasters, fatal accidents, chemical exposure, manufacturing accidents and occupiers liability claims. With over 150 years combined experience there is no type of personal injury claim that our Corporate Claims team has not dealt with.
Our claims team is very successful with a proven track record in winning new work. Sustained growth over the past few years has generated fantastic opportunities at a range of levels.
• Provide support on a wide variety of Corporate Claims matters
• Manage your own case load
• As an integral part of the team, you will be responsible for your own case load.
• Be pro-active and willing to get involved in business development and contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
• Work with colleagues across the firm to help develop growth areas for the team and develop the practice
• You will work on high profile, complex litigation.
Skills and experience:
• You will possess strong technical skills and excellent academic qualifications
• You will be able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills as well as good attention to detail
• You will provide a first rate client service both internally and externally.
• We are looking for a Legal Executive or NQ Associate with experience of handling personal injury claims (particularly EL/PL cases).
You should be a team player, client focused and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to your workload. A commitment of delivering quality service is essential, as is the ability to handle the demands of a heavy workload.
We are a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we have built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland aims to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.