10 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Eversheds Sutherland Consulting
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Qualified lawyer looking for a change of scene? A new career that offers variety and flexibility whilst working with big financial services brands? If so, we can help.
Eversheds Agile was created to meet our clients’ demands for interim, high quality legal professionals. An innovative service, Eversheds Agile was a big factor in Eversheds winning Visionary Firm of the Year – Legal Services at the In-House Community Counsel of the Year Awards 2016.
Since launching in 2010, we’ve worked with nearly 100 unique clients, made over 250 placements and expanded into Singapore and Hong Kong. Now we’re looking for talented lawyers with experience in financial institutions to help us keep up with burgeoning client demand.
What kind of roles have we placed in Asia?
* six-month assignment with global financial institution based in Singapore, working in structured products area. Eversheds Agile has made placements with this global financial institution in Hong Kong, Singapore and UK – our service is truly global
* 12-month project with a major Hong Kong financial body, project managing internal and external stakeholders in the asset management arena
* Banking assignment with global investment bank covering corporate and commercial matters, the four-month placement was based in Singapore
* Hong Kong based assignment for six months in regulatory enforcement within financial institution
Is Eversheds Agile right for you?
Working with Eversheds Agile, you would be an Eversheds employee but working on an interim or temporary contract for a defined period of time, from a few weeks up to 12 months.
Your roles would provide variety and flexibility, working as in-house counsel for major clients such as global financial institutions and FTSE250 companies.
Whilst on assignment, you would have the support of Eversheds partners as well as access to precedents, know-how and templates. You will also have the opportunity to attend in-house CPD training and Eversheds events to keep up-to-date with legal changes.
As a lawyer with Eversheds Agile, you will have a personal relationship with the local Eversheds Agile representative as well as our local partners.
Skills and experience:
What are we looking for?
Ideally, you will be solicitor who has trained with a top tier law firm, or have in-house experience at FTSE250 companies or similar. You must have a minimum of two years’ post-qualification experience.
We currently have a number of opportunities with financial institutions and MNCs and are looking for lawyers with experience in these areas: funds, banking, financial services (investment, retail or insurance), regulatory (e.g. experience with MAS, HKMA, SFC), structured products/ derivatives and corporate commercial.
We are looking for the type of person who will enjoy the challenge and variety of interim and contract assignments, which are predominantly based on client site.
If you are keen to embark on a new and exciting way of building your legal career, apply now and we will give you a call back to discuss.
We are especially looking for legal professionals in the following sectors or specialisms:
* Funds / IMAs
* Banking/ Retail banking / CCA
* Commercial contracts
* AIFMD / EMIR / Dodd Frank regulation experience
* Financial services litigation
* ISDA / Derivatives negotiation / documentation production
* Structured finance / Debt finance / Capital markets
This is an excellent opportunity for high quality legal professionals looking for the flexibility of interim assignments as legal counsel or in-house lawyers within a FTSE250 client base. If you apply to this advert we can give you a call back to discuss.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.
Email this vacancy to a friend