Legal Compliance Manager
Law Staff Legal Recruitment
Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
£60,000 - £70,000
Are you an experienced Legal Compliance Manager seeking a new challenge in a leading Legal 500 Firm?
Our client is seeking a Legal Compliance Manager experienced within a compliance or risk management role, or you could be a Solicitor within Litigation or Regulatory Law.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and general compliance issues, coupled with a sound understanding of Lexcel/ISO requirements. You will be capable of applying and comprehending AMLO legislation and Affinity Group Anti-Money Laundering Guidance for the Legal Sector. Additionally, you must demonstrate the ability and confidence to suggest appropriate responses for the MLRO/MLCO in scenarios presented by fee earners.
Our client is a distinguished law firm, ranked in the Top 500 and holding numerous prestigious accreditations in recognition of their exceptional legal advice. With a rich history spanning two centuries, they have cultivated a strong and respected presence as a premier law firm in the Hertfordshire and London regions. Committed to progress, they are continually evolving and have a dedicated team of over 100 professionals.
What will be expected from you?
- Handling of complaints to reduce risk and implement improvements
- Handling of claim/circumstance notifications and management of claims
- Providing support and guidance on fraud and regulatory risk and compliance (AML, Terrorist Financing Regulations, SRA rules, SAR, Financial Services Regulation GDPR)
- Drafting policies and procedures and keeping up to date with current legislation
- Regularly reviewing firm policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvements
- Providing analysis of the firm’s risk assessment data
- Assisting in the research of any compliance failures and recommending improvements
- Assist the SRO’s with annual WIQS and CQS reaccreditation.
- Assist the COLP, Managing Partner and PII Partner with PII and the practising certificate renewal
- Acting as the main point of contact for the ICO and ensuring that the annual data protection fee is paid
- Act as an independent audit function to assess MLR practiced
- Lead data protection compliance
- including but not limited to (reporting data breaches internally, logging Data Protection Impact Assessments and dealing with subject access requests)
- Work with HR and the COLP to develop compliance training
- Line management of the Compliance Executive
- Reviewing supplier contracts and reporting to the relevant practice support leader on any identified issues and recommendations, prior to contracts being signed
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003 - https://ukdsi/200************