This large International City law firm are looking for a Senior Cashier with line management experience to provide all round cashier management for the firm. Reporting directly to Finance Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of office and client account cashiering and accounts payable for the firm. You will be tasked with improving efficiency and accuracy of the team. This involves being responsible for managing the Accounts Payable & Cashiering team ensuring they meet standards agreed with the business, setting objectives, conducting appraisals, arranging cover, and chairing team meetings. Duties include;
Cashiering & Client Monies
· Ensure all cashiering activities are carried out in full compliance with the firm’s policies and SRA rules
· Review all payments that have been setup before being released by Finance or Partners
· Ensure quarterly intercompany settlements have been agreed and paid with each corresponding office
· Ensure residual balances are reviewed on a monthly basis and attend monthly COFA meeting
· Act as key contact point during annual SRA audit and ensure queries are dealt with on a prompt basis for the annual financial audit
· Ensure full overview of the firm’s cash position and arrange funding payments to international offices as required
· Ensure team monitor expenses and invoices against policies
· Using Chrome River to review compliance reports, credit card reconciliations, and business accounts, attending monthly meetings with International offices to discuss best practice
· Ensure team provide support, training and guidance on Chrome River to all levels of staff
· Review monthly AP Aged report and ensure team follows up on long-standing items
The Cashier Manager will be required to represent the team at senior level meetings as well as work closely with the management accountants. This will be to provide monthly balance sheet reconciliations, assist with the annual financial audit and other finance related projects.
Candidates must be AAT, CIMA, ACCA (part) qualified and have strong legal operational finance experience with a minimum of 5 years’ managing office and client account ledgers and have supervisory experience. You will demonstrate a strong understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules as well as VAT and AML regulations. Ideally you will have experience with systems such as Elite, Chrome River, and have advanced Excel skills.
It is essential that you possess first class communications skills as you will be required to form relationships with Partners, Fee Earners and Secretaries as well as sit in on regular meeting with senior finance team members.
To apply contact Neil Hagan quoting ref. NH-LCM-23.01.18