Legal Cashier, Hertfordshire
This leading Hertfordshire firm is both Chambers and Legal 500 recognised, boasting a rich history of over 250 years. This progressive firm place a strong emphasis on helping and being a part of their local community. It can be guaranteed that this firm with give you the highest quality of experience in the area – this is as it was the only firm locally to be recognised on The Lawyer UK 200 in 2019. This is also back by their clients who continue to return, in which 99% of them have said they would recommend this highly skilled and reputable firm to a friend and their loved ones.
The purpose of this role as Legal Cashier is to assist with all accounts matters for the firm daily, in an efficient matter. This role reports into the firm’s finance manager. Duties to fulfil this role purpose include, but are not limited to the following:
· Checking of bills that have been raised by fee-earners of the firm
· Completion of bank deposit books
· Checking of the banking software for electronic transactions to take place
· SO, DD, CHAPS and BACS transactions
· Bank reconciliations of the firm’s office, as well as of client bank accounts
· Posting of cheque requests to finance package
· Raising of both client and office cheques
· Entering of suppliers’ invoices onto the finance package
The successful candidate must have previous accounts experience within a law firm.
Salary: £24,000-£28,000 (dependant on experience)