LEGAL CASHIER – ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
LOCATION – HERTFORDSHIRE
Our client law firm in Hertfordshire is now seeking a new member of staff for their Legal Accounts Team. The successful candidate must have some basic book-keeping experience, along with solid cashiering experience, which will be is essential to the role.
You will have been trained in the principles of book-keeping, preferably with solid experience in cashiering but are happy to train up as a Legal Cashier. Computer literacy is a requirement.
Main responsibilities: (to be revised from time to time and in any event within 3 months of the date hereof)
1. To help with banking functions including paying in cheques at the Bank.
2. Processing client and office accounting transactions including postings.
3. Preparation of cheques and ensured signed in accordance with the Bank Mandate.
4. To assist in the sending of monies by electronic transfer using Barclays Internet Banking.
5. To assist with the control of designated client deposit accounts.
6. Printing of ledgers and photocopying in preparation for the annual SAR audit.
7. Advise fee earners and support staff with ledger and billing enquiries.
8. Input of all Land Registry and Companies House fees.
9. To deal with any accounts queries as may arise from time to time.
10. To provide support in filing and administration of the accounts department including filing of Money Laundering identification sheets.
11. Any ad hoc duties as they arise.
Requirement: Must have own transport in order to do any banking necessary.
If you would like train up as a Legal Cashier and wish to join our very friendly client law firm, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Salary range: £22k-25k dep on exp.
Start Date: ASAP Hours: 9-5.30pm Holidays: Standard Plus Bank Holidays.