5 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
This position is a 12 month maternity cover sitting within the Firm's Finance Department, which consists of 25 members of staff in London and a further seven overseas. The department looks after all aspects of the Firm's accounts and finances including the LexisOne practice management system, billing, credit control, disbursements, accounts payable, expenses and client and office bank accounts.
The successful candidate will report into the Credit and Billing Manager and work closely with all Billing Assistants.
* Daily involvement in relation to all types of billing and occasional help to the revenue control team
* Reporting to the Credit and Billing Manager
* Learning all aspects of the firm's billing
* Time / Disbursement transfers
* Time / Disbursement entry amendments
* Time and disbursement write offs
* General client and matter amendments
* Matter closures
* Setting up client hourly / cost exception rates
* Dealing with money on account and ensuring compliance with 14 day rule
* Billing for European offices
* Issuing invoices in multiple currencies
* Generating/printing/distributing billing guides
* Generating, printing and distributing WIP reports, processing pro-forma and final bills, 'e'-billing and credit notes.
* Re-opening matters
* Dealing with Time/disbursement recap spreadsheets
Key Skills & Experience
* Excellent academic results (GCSE, A Level or equivalent)
* Interest in Finance and Accounting
* At least 3 years billing experience
* Professional manner and good communication skills
* Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
* Compliant with SAR's
* Compliance with UK, European and Worldwide VAT
* Strong numeracy and communication skills with a very good attention to detail
* Microsoft Office IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook (Fieldfisher uses Microsoft 2010).
* Strong ability and work ethic to meet deadlines under pressure
* Enthusiasm and a proactive attitude towards work
* Experience working in a finance team within a professional services environment is essential; within a law firm is desirable
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.