Cathedral Appointments has a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join the legal team of a market leading, privately owned financial services business based on the outskirts of Exeter. This role would suit someone who is commercially aware with a sense for business matters and an interest in problem solving and thinking outside the box. Although a legal background isn’t necessarily required, the successful candidate will learn legal processes and deal with a variety of legal documentation, so a keen interest in the law would certainly help. Full training will be provided.
· You will proactively manage a caseload, which will comprise of lease agreements that may have fallen into arrears and all issues that stem from this, which can include a simple timing issue with the payment, or other matters affecting prompt payment of a rental
· You will deal with a wide variety of queries from our customers and brokers as well as liaising with solicitors, insolvency practitioners, finance brokers and suppliers, whilst ensuring FCA and company guidelines are followed to achieve the desired solution
· You will undertake general administration and work on files using a case management system
· A legal background would be preferable; however, a variety of backgrounds will be considered as long as an understanding of the law and legal principles can be demonstrated
· You will be a commercially aware with a love of problem solving
· You will be confident with the ability to sometimes have difficult conversations with customers, making reference to contractual agreements and liabilities
· You will have strong administration skills, including knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Outlook
· You will have excellent communication skills and with a professional telephone manner and the ability to draft written communication to a very high standard
· You will be able to multi-task and prioritise workload in accordance with the changing demands of the day
· You will have a high level of self-motivation and a ‘can-do attitude’
If you are looking to work as a Legal Assistant but would ideally like to stay away from private practice, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Our client has modern, spacious offices located on the outskirts of Exeter with free onsite parking. On offer is a highly competitive starting salary and great benefits. For more information and to apply for the role, please contact Sophia Damshenas today.
Closing Date: Please note that we will accept applications up to the closing date, however all suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received, and the client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
If you have the skills and experience stated, please apply NOW!