2 months ago
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
Purpose of job
The job holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of Induction, business as usual IT Training programmes, and training delivery. Along with the project managment of the training design and delivery for changes to IT systems.
The office base will be Ipswich, with regular travel to Norwich and/or all four offices.
* Delivering and developing Induction programme in line with firm and Learning and Development (L&D) strategy. Liaising with appropriate stakeholders to ensure Inductees needs are established and met.
* Delivering IT Training programmes in both a formal and informal setting.
* Working with appropriate stakeholders to project management L&D’s element of changes to IT systems.
* Carrying out Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
* Designing both formal and informal learning interventions with accompanying materials such as handouts, exercises and trainer notes.
* Contributing to and assisting with quality assurance of electronic learning materials.
* Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs.
* Preparing the learning environment and resources; including setting up IT equipment where appropriate.
* Assisting the Learning and Development Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes.
* Appropriate record keeping on training delivered to assist the L&D Administrator in ensuring that data is accurate.
* Responsible for ensuring own knowledge and skills are kept up to date, using internal and external resources and tools. Requesting training where necessary.
* Recognised training qualification (e.g. CIPD/TAP)
* An experienced IT Trainer, ideally with experience gained within a professional services environment and in particular a proven track record in the successful design and delivery of training courses.
* Strong coaching and training delivery skills
* Strong understanding of Learning & Development and the Training Cycle Interpersonal effectiveness
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.