Lawyer – Adult Health and Social Care
Salary:Up to £49,296 DOE
Location:Huntingdon/ Northampton / Shefford
Our client is an innovative social enterprise law firm providing legal services to the public and not for profit sector. They have grown significantly in recent years and in addition to their head office in Huntingdon, they have branch offices, in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. They pride themselves on giving high quality, comprehensive and affordable advice to many of their clients, who include local authorities, health bodies, charities, schools and housing associations across the region.
They are now looking for a Lawyer within their Adult Health and Social care team.
- To act as a legal advisor to client organisations to ensure awareness of their safeguarding responsibilities and ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations
- Develop and provide legal input in to training courses for social care and mental health workers and other relevant persons to increase the clients’ awareness of relevant legal issues and to increase their self-sufficiency.
- To deputise for the Principal Lawyer (Adults Health and Social Care) or the Head of Head of Adult Social Care and Health where required.
- To support the LGSS Law management team in building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of a seamless and client focussed service.
- To attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
- To support the LGSS Law management team in developing and maintaining effective partnerships, networks and joint working arrangements to ensure the most effective provision of Legal Services to meet the needs and aspirations of clients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within this sector
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Handle a heavy work load
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Show initiative
- A real commitment to the job
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales / member of the Bar who has completed pupillage / qualified Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives or Chartered Legal Executive.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 years post qualification experience of adult health and social services work, preferably gained in a Local Authority or health setting.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply and interpret adult social care and mental health related law.
- Ability to conduct legal research, interpret legislation and summarize the key points of case law.
- Previous advocacy experience.
- Experience of Court of Protection welfare matters.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Lawyer, Adult Health and Social Care, Adult health, Social care, Law vacancy, Law jobs, Law, Law careers, Legal careers, Legal jobs, Legal vacancy