A fantastic opportunity for a law costs negotiator to join a well established law firm based in Manchester.
The costs department is a recognised market leader in third party costs legal cost negotiation.
The role will involve handling a variety of claims for costs covering a mixture of personal injury claims including motor, casualty and catastrophic injury. The team deal with costs ranging from fixed fees in MOJ portal cases right through to multi-million large loss cases.
- Costs budgeting, reviewing client files, drafting points of dispute and replies, negotiating costs and day to day management of a varied caseload.
- You will run and manage a caseload of up to 150 costs files.
- Ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors' Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards.
- You will attend court on costs hearings.
- Assist partners and senior fee earners with complex cases.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 1 year experience of legal costs negotiation.
- Be able to handle a full lifecycle of costs matters.
- Have proven negotiation skills.
- Competent using case management systems.
- Demonstrate strong IT skills, experience in using specialist costs software packages.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.