SALARY: £25,000 - £32,000
Our client provide specialist insurance services to the private rented sector and the aesthetic and cosmetic sector. They also offer a simple tenancy deposit protection solution for landlords, letting agents and tenants. Due to expansion and growth our client is looking for a Landlord & Tenant Paralegal or Junior Solicitor to join their office in Borehamwood.
Key duties and responsibilities;
* Advising on new files, requesting information if required and drafting notices to end tenancies.
* Contacting clients after notice has expired to see whether they require a claim to be drafted.
* Drafting possession claims and other required documentation such as witness statements then keeping client updated of progress of claim.
* Preparing case for any hearing including communicating with clients and defendants, drafting brief to advocate and case bundle where required.
* Keeping track of case directions where required.
* Contacting clients after possession order awarded to see whether they require a bailiff application to be drafted. If they do then drafting the application.
* Communicating with Team Leader at all stages of case progression so log can be maintained.
* Contacting clients at end of matters to discuss progress and upsell other Hamilton Fraser products.
* Keeping track of their own matters for billing purposes.
* Taking over more complex cases from Paralegals where appropriate.
* Making use of legal software system and suggesting improvements.
* Work to set company billing targets.
* Providing any additional assistance and support as required by the Landlord Action Team Leader or Operations Manager (Legal).
* Ensuring that all company security procedures, as detailed in the Personal Information Security Policy, are followed and any areas of concern are notified to the department manager.
If you would like any further information on this opportunity you can contact me onext. 1047.
Apply now for immediate consideration for this Landlord & Tenant vacancy.
Please contact Dean Williams, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.