Junior PA - Banking - Manchester
Level of role - SS1
Division - Secretarial Services - Banking
Reporting Line - Secretarial Services Manager
Purpose of the Role
- Provision of highly effective secretarial support to a fee earner team.
- Understands and assists with the billing process and associated financial management tasks
- Engages with fee earners to understand and assist in general financial housekeeping
- Manages fee earners administrative processes, utilising appropriate resources
- Develops understanding of matter management processes, appropriately increasing level of responsibility and risk management awareness
- Adheres to firmwide and divisional Best Practice protocols
- Adheres to the firm's risk and compliance policies and procedures and raises any issues or queries promptly with the relevant Partner and / or Risk and Compliance
- Successfully completes, on time, all compulsory firm training
- Develops skillset in order to support fee earners with their business development and marketing activity
- Builds rapport and develops effective working relationships with fee earner teams.
Knowledge, skills and experience preferred (bespoke to role)
- City & Guilds / ILEX Level 1 / 2 Diploma for Legal Secretaries or equivalent
- Previous experience of Microsoft Office
- One year's experience (or equivalent) gained within a comparable environment
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet client needs.