Our client is an award-winning, full service, commercial law firm and they are rapidly developing a national reputation for its innovative approach to delivering legal services. They operate in the financial services, leisure, retail & consumer goods, technology & media, renewables, housing and public sectors. Their specialisms are real estate, banking and finance, commercial, corporate, employment, dispute resolution and litigation.
On behalf of our client we are seeking a Junior Legal Secretary, within their Commercial Resolution department.
This is a great opportunity to join a legal firm and you will be involved in copy and audio typing, diary management, general admin and assisting with preparing bills.
Your main responsibilities within this role will include:
- Filing – electronic and hard copy
- File opening and closing
- Answering telephone calls/dealing with clients/taking messages and arranging meetings
- Typing up dictations
- House styling documents
- Preparing bills and assisting with collation of bills and reporting to clients
- Undertaking conflict checks and new matter opening procedures
- Creating and amending documents. Working with large documents using track changes
For this role our client is looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Previous office experience is desirable but not necessary, ideally within a medium sized firm or professional services company.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- A good team player and able to work well as part of a team to support the fee earners.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A pro-active person who likes to use their initiative, willing to take responsibility and able to prioritise work.
Contributory Pension, Group Life, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday & a flexible benefits scheme.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Central Bristol, no car parking.