7 months ago
Banking/ Finance/ Capital Markets
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
Due to its rapid expansion, several opportunities have arisen to join Fieldfisher (Luxembourg) LLP's banking/finance department, for junior and senior level lawyers.
The Luxembourg office of Fieldfisher LLP services a variety of clients ranging from financial institutions, investment funds and asset managers, corporates, insurance and re-insurance companies, institutional and sovereign funds, HNW / UHNW individuals both in Luxembourg and abroad.
Our banking / finance team focuses on local and international general lending, syndicated lending, securitization, leverage finance, structured and asset finance, debt and equity capital market transactions, including stock exchange listings, placement and buy-backs of securities, IPOs and bond issuance.
* work on a variety of challenging, intellectually stimulating and rewarding cross-border transactions;
* benefit from first-class legal and non-legal training which will help you grow and strive in your role;
* work in a very dynamic, stimulating and diverse international environment;
* benefit from great career perspectives in a fast-growing international firm; and
* benefit from an attractive compensation package depending on your level and experience.
Key Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will:
* possess a Master of law degree (ideally completed by a degree in a common law jurisdiction) and be qualified to practice in Luxembourg or in another European jurisdiction;
* have gained relevant experience in the banking / finance / capital markets department of a Luxemburg law firm;
* be fluent (both spoken and written) in English and French – any additional language skills would be considered an asset;
* be proactive, flexible, and a self-starter that’s capable of meeting deadlines and working efficiently in a fast-paced environment; and
* be a team player and have an entrepreneurial approach.
Should you recognise yourself in the above, please send your CV and cover letter to the following
Fieldfisher aim to provide equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.