Plexus Law Overview
Plexus Law is a Specialist Defendant Insurance Practice with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Evesham, Liverpool and Edinburgh. The firm works with Insurance Companies, Corporate and Public Sector Clients and the Lloyd’s market.
The role of the Web Developer is to assist the Applications Team Leader in the continuing development of delivering the company strategy. This may be building bespoke websites, WebAPIs and interfaces for our in-house built case management system, building integrations with our clients or producing assistive tools for our case handling community. You will be involved in several varied projects as directed by the Team Leader, working in a Scrum environment to consistently deliver and improve existing or new systems.
· Report to the Technical Team Leader for work requests and project involvement
· Develop an understanding of business processes and systems used across the firm
· Design, develop and support new and existing bespoke application solutions across the firm
· Design and maintain reusable code and unit tests
· Liaise with clients and business owners to clarify requirements, define success criteria and acceptable outcomes
· Provide post implementation support from a systems and operational perspective, and assist in troubleshooting software application issues
· Build secure by design applications
· Maintain all code in source control
Essential Skills and Experience
· 2 years’ experience working in Professional Services industry
· Good general knowledge of IT systems desirable, including workflow tools and Microsoft technologies such as SharePoint and the Office suite
· Strong understanding of web-architecture fundamentals
· Strong knowledge of .NET environment and tools: C#, Visual Studio, .NET Framework, ASP.net, MVC,
· Ability to query and understand data, be it from databases, SQL-Server (T-SQL), XML, JSON or documents
· Working knowledge of Agile software development, working to the Scrum principles
· Experience in building and consuming Web APIs and Microservices
· Experience in User Interface design including accessibility principles would be beneficial
· Ability to demonstrate software design and best practices such as OWASP and SOLID Principles and similar
· Knowledgeable about security principles and integrations with OAuth2 and Azure AD would be beneficial
· Ability to administer and secure Web Server environments, in particular Windows Server and IIS would be required.
· Passion for making a difference, improving applications and implementing new technologies
· Experience of working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
· Ability to effectively prioritise and take responsibility for tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Capable of setting and following standards
· Understanding of development methodologies including Agile user stories
· Good problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
Core hours are 09:00 to 17:00 however working patterns can vary and can agreed with the appropriate Line Manager.
Overtime may be required from time to time, particularly leading up to project launches or managing releases out of hours.