Position: IT Technician
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (Dependant On Experience)
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Birthday Day Off, Mediacash Scheme, Discounted Gym Membership, Bike 2 Work Scheme.
Job Description -
We are delighted to be working with our client who is a Legal 500 recognised law firm. They are one of the leading law firms within their region and looking for an experienced IT Technician to join their team. The role involves providing day to day IT support across the firm, and working alongside IT Engineers and Managers to provide a comprehensive, efficient and high quality service to meet the needs of the business. The IT technician will support all colleagues within the legal team.
The role is based at their head office in Carlisle, however may require travel to other branch offices when required.
Main Duties -
- Provide desktop and server support along with diagnosing and resolving technical issues ensuring downtime and disruption is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain the firms local and wide area network, servers, phone system, display panels, projectors, power protection systems and other internal IT and IT related equipment to keep them updated with bug fixes and security updates.
- Installation of hardware, software and other devices as required for new requirements and upgrading/updating existing ones.
- Provide day to day support for equipment covered by external support contracts i.e. dictation equipment and MFD's.
- Document systems and procedures and make them specific to the Firm.
- Provide training to existing and new users on the Firms IT systems to improve their efficiency and knowledge.
- Manage the Firms data backups and storage.
- Set up and configure new equipment such as: new laptops, desktops, mobiles and desk phones when required.
- Setting up new users/leavers and manage any internal user moves.
- Complete internal user moves including phones.
- Checking IT kit for health and safety breaches such as loose or damaged cables.
- Planning for the IT requirements in new offices or office moves and inter office connectivity.
- Ensure compliance with software licensing and data protection legislation.
- Ensure compliance with outside bodies if required. I.e. Cyber Essentials scheme.
- Ensure asset logs are kept and maintained for all equipment issued.
- Ensure all software licensing is recorded and maintained.
- Work with existing external suppliers to resolve issues and plan upgrades or installs.
- Where necessary, escalate IT issues to the IT Engineers or our external support companies or the IT Manager.
- To travel to branch offices as and when required.
- To provide recommendations on new technologies or improvements.
- To build and maintain IT skills and knowledge by participation in training sessions, Webinars and seminars as well as through internal Riliance and Vinciworks trainings.
- Occasionally work out of hours (systems upgrade and patching)
They are offering a competitive salary amongst other benefits such as: Pension scheme, the day off on your birthday, Medicash scheme, discounted gym membership & a bike 2 work scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate and an exciting time to join the firm due to their ongoing growth and development. if you feel you would be a good fit then please apply for the role.