5587 jobs - 742 added today
163587 registered Jobseekers
Recruiting? Call us on 01772 639042
Email me jobs relevant to my job search
about 1 year ago
Bindmans LLP
Salary: Ranging between: £30,000 - £33,000 plus competitiv
Location: London
Job type: Permanent
Category: Admin Jobs
IT Helpdesk Analyst / Trainer

Bindmans is a successful London law firm, with a reputation for excellence and being at the cutting edge of legal developments.

We are looking to recruit an IT Helpdesk Analyst/Trainer to work with the firms IT Manager. The IT team has an important role within the firm, dealing with the day to day needs of colleagues in order that they are able to function in their roles.

Overview of the role

The Helpdesk Analyst operates throughout the firm at all levels, supporting a wide range of users with differing levels of skills. Along with the IT Apprentice, the IT Helpdesk Analyst is the ‘face’ of the department and is therefore responsible for creating a good image and providing an excellent customer service. The role provides first and second line fixes by email, on the telephone, remotely or at employees’ desks.

The ideal candidate should have some IT Training experience and 40% of would concentrate on training with the remaining 60% on Helpdesk. Working with the IT Manager you will help to design and deliver training courses that cover the IT training needs of the firm, and provide IT induction for new staff members

There will also be the opportunity to take ownership of small scale projects as assigned by the IT Manager and provide cover in the absence of the IT Manager.

Key responsibilities

Helpdesk

* Provide a responsive, effective IT HelpDesk service to a variety of users, in line with the SLA.
* Understand the needs of the users; take responsibility for the required work and resolve calls effectively.
* Provide regular updates to the IT Manager on the type of issues received and identify any training requirements or any required changes to the firms systems.

Training Duties

* Help develop an in depth induction and training plan for technical staff to cover areas such as PC builds, user setup etc
* With assistance from the IT Manager carry out training needs analysis on staff and devise suitable, regular and ongoing group and individual training programmes covering all current and future software and hardware deployed throughout the firm
* Responsible for staff IT induction programme; ensuring that new users’ workstations are correctly configured and that new staff receive suitable training in all software and hardware required in order to carry out their roles
* Design course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
* Work closely with the IT Manager to devise and deliver training programmes as new software and hardware solutions are deployed throughout the firm
* Provide end user support on recently trained material
* Keep up to date with relevant systems, software and training techniquesLiaise with external training vendors, examining bodies and software companies
* Maintain administrative records of courses that staff have attended

Skills/knowledge requirements:

The successful candidate will have:

* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word 2010
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint 2010
* Good knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 (including Active Directory and Group Policy)
* Working knowledge of Androids and MDM technologies
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 and SQL Server 2008 onwards
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
* Have good skills in key IT applications and hardware, preferably in a Legal environment although this is not essential.
* Strong communication skills

Equal Opportunity and Diversity

Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.”

How to apply

Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role

If you are interested in applying, please complete the attached Recruitment Pack quoting ref: IT Helpdesk/Trainer-03/2018

Completed Recruitment Packs should be sent via or by post to: HR Team, Bindmans LLP, 4th Floor, 236 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB.

STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS

Email me jobs relevant to my job search

  Back to the top