One of the world's leading software companies that has grown both organically and via acquisition now seeks an additional lawyer to the join its team. This is a diverse role that will include: drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements in support of the UK region sales activity, including software, professional services and cloud services agreements, resolving commercial disputes, providing legal advice on group transactions and monitoring changes in laws and regulations.
You are great at:
- Building strong working relationships with various lines of business and putting yourself in the shoes of those you are advising, to understand the complexities of a multi-faceted business, are important parts of the role.
- The ability to communicate clearly, solve problems and provide commercially focused advice to fellow professionals is essential.
- You are skilled in the art of negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements and have knowledge of working within the IT sector and in particular assisting sales executives on license sales and other commercial transactions.
- You will enjoy working as part of a team on a range of significant matters work on a range of significant matters, managing external advisers, and actively contributing to strategic decision making, analysis of risk and exposure.
- You will also be responsible for your own case load, attend and conduct negotiations with business partners.
- You will be expected to provide proactive commercial legal support and have sufficient seniority and skill to work autonomously in a commercial manner and have the ability to work in a team. You will also possess the necessary credibility to interact at all levels within and outside the business.
- You will advise the company and staff on mitigating risk arising across the practice.
What it takes
- Qualified lawyer in a European jurisdiction with 5+ years' post-qualification experience, a good university degree (2:1 or equivalent from a non-UK university) and experience in a law firm.
- You will have previous post- qualification experience of conducting English and/or multi-jurisdictional contract negotiations, experience in negotiating large-value and cloud contracts would be advantageous.
- You will have a strong academic record and have gained experience from working in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment.
- You will be enthusiastic, hard working, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
- You will have the ability to learn quickly and positively contribute to the team upon your start.
Candidates with corporate, commercial or media background who are keen to join at IT company and have a strong interest in the tech sector are encouraged to apply, as necessary training to fill gaps can be given. Attitude and potential are key to success at this company and diversity is always championed.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott onor at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.