about 1 month ago
Specialist investment management lawyers advise on the structuring, formation, taxation and regulation of all types of investment funds for investment in all types of asset classes: including real estate, securities, debt, derivatives and other alternative financial instruments, large pension funds, private equity, infrastructure and green energy type investments. We also actively represent a select group of institutional investors, including public and private US and non-US retirement plans, funds of funds, sovereign wealth funds, foundations and endowments. A competitive remuneration package will be offered for this role.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
· Taking instructions from clients
· Drafting creatively, clearly and accurately, making use of precedents where appropriate
· Research, due diligence and information management
· Communicating and negotiating on behalf of client, leading where appropriate.
Client Relationship Management
· Building rapport and establishing credibility with client.
· Continually seeking to improve level of service to client.
· Demonstrating judgment in giving instructions to junior lawyers and managing their work.
· Reviewing performance of junior lawyers against individual plans and acting when necessary to progress. Delivering difficult messages constructively and positively.
· Developing and participating in group projects and initiatives including marketing and know-how projects.
· Supervising secretarial staff
· Keeping up-to-date with client industry developments and their implications.
· Contributing to business planning – demonstrating awareness of the firm’s strategic direction.
· Contributing to and providing leadership for client pitches.
· Networking with more senior client contacts, maximising potential of each contact.
Training and Recruitment
· Facilitating technical and know-how training programmes.
· Involving junior staff in different types of work to cascade learning and broaden experience.
· Mentoring junior staff
· Playing a role in the recruitment and induction of junior staff.
· Involvement in university and vacation schemes.
· Interviewing lateral hires.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required
· Has 4+ years’ post qualification experience.
· Has experience of business planning and evaluating profitability of matters.
· Experience of presenting effective and successful beauty parades/pitches.
· Has experience of writing articles for target publications and speaking to target audiences.
· Has experience of managing junior lawyers
· Experience of producing and working to contingency plans
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Networking skills
· Leadership and coaching skills
· Ability to adapt management style.
· Inspires confidence, drawing on own and others’ experience.
· Team player and relationship builder
· Motivates others
Please note this role will be open from 02 October 2019 to 01 November 2019. A competitive remuneration package will be offered for this role.
A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not intend to preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
Information for Recruitment Agents
Linklaters endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Linklaters operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.