9 months ago
The role is part of an operational team of six who work closely together, and reports through to the Senior IFM within the Commercial Support team. The individual will become the key contact within the finance department for the management teams of the practice groups. The firm is split across eight practice groups each with a presence throughout the International offices. Each group is a separate area of law with its own management structure.
The role is based in Sheffield but does require the ability to travel throughout UK offices and to International offices.
Closing date for all applications is Thursday 2nd November 2017
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Managing the budgeting process for the groups, this involves holding detailed discussions with each budget holder and updating the budget model, and quarterly re-forecasts
* Monthly reporting for the Executive and Board, highlighting key issues for discussion
* Providing finance support to Practice Group heads and location head teams
* Attending practice group management meetings to discuss key financial issues.
* Taking ownership / leading a project within the IFM team to ensure that there is a consistent approach to a task across the International firm and that key milestones are met.
* Working on ad-hoc projects with a specific group. This can include reviews of a particular client / sector, developing business plans, (and tracking future performance against these), assisting in the tender process, financial modelling for assessment of team restructure / new hires, analysis of promotion business cases.
* Analysing monthly management information (including performance statistics), identifying problems / issues, highlighting these to the team concerned along with workable solutions
* Involvement in the training program of fee earners and partner selection centre
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Chartered or CIMA qualified accountant
* Proven experience of delivering on simultaneous tasks
* Excellent Excel, Powerpoint and Word skills
* Effective communication skills including the ability to present and discuss financial information to a group of up to 40 people
* Great team working skills and a passion for delivering results
* Able to work independently and adapt to change
* Ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.