Job Title: Intermediate Conveyancers
Locations: Manchester, Newcastle, Leicester & Northampton
Salary: £19K - £24K + Benefits & Bonuses of up to £2000
MAY CONSIDER WITH 6-12 MONTHS CASEHANDLING REMORTAGE EXPERIENCE
You will be working within a high volume residential conveyancing environment. You should be able to:
- Run a small caseload and perform a full range of tasks with some supervision.
- Carry out general administrative duties to a high standard;
- Communicate with clients and third parties in a professional manner;
- Provide good customer service; and
- Assist the team to ensure company targets are met.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Day to Day tasks
- Complete tasks efficiently, accurately and within specified timescales, such as:
- Manage a small caseload of freehold and leasehold transactions (circa 50) under direct supervision of the Team Leader/Conveyancing Manager, until such time as your manager deems it appropriate to increase your portfolio of cases.
- Processing and dealing with post.
- Checking mortgage offers and contract documentation.
- Understanding and reporting on search results.
- Drafting correspondence;
- Replying to legal enquiries;
- Dealing with completion tasks such as procuring and checking pre-completion searches and producing completion letters.
- Processing tasks such as:
- Chasing clients for payments, obtaining and checking client identification, dealing with starter pack issues, obtaining redemption statements, producing completion indents.
- Daily task list management.
- Identifying, monitoring and achieving targets on a monthly basis.
- Work to and maintain Service Level Agreements.
- Actively communicating with clients, recommenders, conveyancers, agents and third parties. This will include communication in person, in writing, or by telephone.
- Ability to produce accurate comprehensive documentation for clients, professional persons and third parties.
- Assist fellow team members.
- Work closely with a ‘buddy’ to gain case handler skills.
- Develop working relationships with team members and third parties and maintaining them over time.
- Work closely with the Training Department to identify ongoing training requirements.
Disposition & Attitude:
- Shows willingness to learn however recognises limits of ability and when to seek advice.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Adaptable and embraces change.
- Shows moral courage, humility and integrity.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator with tact and diplomacy.
- Understands dynamics of working within a team.
- Enthusiastic and committed.
- Approachable, well presented and professional.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to organise, prioritise and manage your time.
- The ability to deal with people from all backgrounds.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills.
Legal - Legal training; Legislation updates; Case law updates; CML updates
Company/Yearly training to be undertaken
- Money Laundering
- Keep abreast of policy updates
- Familiarity with offshore / onshore updates
- Refresher of client care
- Avoiding write offs / compliance
- File responsibility
- Operations meetings
- Communication/customer service
The Client serves its clients from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday to Friday, 9.00am until 4.30pm on Saturday and 10.00 am to 3.00 pm on Sunday. They operate shift patterns to cover these weekly hours, and you would be likely to change shift pattern weekly. The shifts are:
8-4; 9-5; 10-6; 12-8
You work the same for a whole week and then move to the next. During induction / training they are standard 9-5 hours. You are then given your shifts up to 2 months in advance and so easy to plan around these. The ‘weekend’ working is never a Sat & a Sun. but Sat or Sun and only probably 2 of each in a 12 month period and then you get a day off in lieu the next week. Sat is around 9-4 and Sun. 10 -4.
IN APPLYING PROVIDE A PARAGRAPH TO SELL YOURSELF INTO SUCH A ROLE