My client is a small public sector legal team in the North West of England, based a short distance from the edge of the Lake District National Park. This in-house legal team are seeking to recruit a locum lawyer to join their team on a long term basis of at least 6 months.
This opportunity is for a skilled mixed litigator, who ideally can cover a wide range of matters including: civil, employment, prosecutions, information law, crime, regulatory, enforcements and governance. Candidates from either private practice or the public sector are all welcome to apply provided their employment history can demonstrate a strong understanding of civil claims and regulatory prosecutions.
The post holder will be responsible for advising Chief Officers and staff across the organisation on a broad range of legal work. As per any in-house role, candidates should have excellent communication skills and be able to translate difficult legal matters into advice that can easily be implemented across the organisation.
This role would ideally be worked on a full time basis but part time applications will still be considered.
Duties will include:
* Progressing civil orders in the County court and Magistrates Court, including conducting applications in courts, instructing and liaising with Counsel and preparing bundles
* Conducting advocacy
* Defending civil claims against Chief Officers in the Magistrates Court and Employment Tribunals
* Undertaking investigations in respect of civil claims and employment tribunal proceedings
* Assisting with Complaints and Misconduct cases, including presenting and disciplinary hearings
* Interpreting regulations, pension regulations and performance regulations
* Advising on data protection, freedom of information and confidentiality
* Advising on licensing including making applications to the licensing panel
Applicants should have at least 6 year's post qualification experience in civil litigation or regulatory law. Applicants must also hold a current valid practicing certificate and be prepared to undertake a DBS check upon
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but candidates can expect an offer of between £30- £40 per hour, dependent upon experience (Inside IR35). 1 -2 days working from home each week can also be arranged, if required although as the nature of the role requires attendance at court candidates should be reasonable in their expectations for homeworking.
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham onor
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.