Our client is the largest law firm in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire providing a wide range of legal and insolvency practitioner services to both businesses and individuals. They accept all types of insolvency appointment, and they are one of the leading personal insolvency appointment taking firms in the country. As part of the firm's growth strategy they are seeking to strengthen their corporate insolvency offering.
The insolvency team is based at the Beverley office, and whilst the role will require time spent with the team, there is scope to work from the other main office locations and/or flexible working. The role will include:
- Taking appointments as a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner;
- Act as officeholder in relation to a caseload of mainly corporate insolvency cases;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and current best practice standards
- Provide technical guidance to our Insolvency Team in relation to matters arising in relation to the administration of cases;
- Helping develop the team and play an active role in operational matters;
- Direct input into the marketing activities and strategic plans of the Insolvency Team;
- Proactive involvement in business development, particularly in relation to corporate insolvency;
- Reporting to the Head of Department;
- Assisting with training and development of the team;
- Involvement in the setting of financial and growth targets, and the achievement of the same;
- Accurately recording work activities and time spent in case records.
JIEB qualification and full appointment taking insolvency licence. Current membership of Recognised Professional Body.
A formal accounting qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- Proven experience of dealing with the administration of a portfolio of corporate insolvency cases from cradle to grave;
- Strong technical and compliance skills;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Understand and adopt the firm's values and behaviours;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven track record at meeting and exceeding targets, along with controlling billings and WIP;
- Excellent leadership skills along with ability to develop others within the team;
- Drive and determination to grow the business and attend necessary marketing events;
- Ability to use case management software (eg IPS);
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.