International Commercially orientated firm seeks a 3+PQE Solicitor to join the Industrial Disease team in the city centre Leeds office
A solicitor or litigation executive working within the Industrial Disease Casualty team.
- Your case load will be primarily litigated Industrial Disease cases on behalf key insurer clients.
- Where necessary you will be asked to assist other colleagues on more complex and higher value cases.
- You will be working in a team of 20+ fee earners with plans for further growth.
- You will work for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self Insured companies which instruct us directly.
- You must be able to handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- You shall exercise full compliance with firms protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve to a minimum budgeted chargeable hours per year and also achieve a billing target commensurate with your role and client fee scale.
- As part of your role you may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
- Build an awareness of the firms other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
- Solicitor with a demonstrable interest and previous experience in the practice area with circa 3 years disease claims experience.
- Good relationship and commercial/insurer client handling skills.
- Previous experience acting as a supervisor for junior solicitors would be desirable.
- A proven awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.