In-House Legal Counsel
About the role:
We are looking for a candidate who is organised and has excellent written and spoken communication skills. You will be responsible for providing a high quality service to colleagues working within Pure Legal Limited and to their clients. The role will be diverse, however, will primarily focus on providing advice, drafting services and court representation in relation to both interim and final hearings.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is comfortable with working in a team whilst also having the required knowledge, skills and experience to work independently.
Pure Legal Limited is seeking an experienced lawyer who is a specialist in advocacy, advisory and drafting services to provide support and assistance to solicitors and fee earners managing caseloads in what is a busy and varied practice dealing in complex civil litigation; primarily in the fields of financial mis-selling, consumer credit, construction and landlord and tenant.
The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification experience of dealing with various types of civil litigation and be technically excellent, with demonstrable analytical skills and an in-depth knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
Successful candidates will be required to be proactive in developing litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team as well as being comfortable providing support to junior and new members of the team and to members of staff working within Pure Legal Limited.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Providing technical support and guidance to Solicitors, Fee Earners and Legal Assistants within Pure Legal Limited
- Preparation of written advices in relation to matters such as liability, quantum and evidence
- Preparation of documents to include pleadings, skeleton arguments and witness statements
- Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone
- Attending conference with lay clients of Pure Legal Limited to provide advice at various stages of litigation
- Briefing and attending conferences and with external counsel in relation to due diligence and development of new products, where required
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011 and/or the Bar Standards Board Handbook
- In depth knowledge of the basic principles of law and Civil Procedure Rules
- Candidates must have undertaken all vocational training required to practise (e.g. training contract/pupillage)
- Solicitors Regulation Authority and/or BSB training
- IT Skills – Word, Excel and Outlook
- In depth knowledge and experience of appearing in courts at various levels (predominantly County Court and High Court)
- Excellent English – written and spoken communication at all levels
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective use of Case Management System
- Efficiently and effectively manage your own workload to adhere to SLAs and KPIs
- Effective communication with individual and business contacts
- Attending and participating in weekly case clinics
- Assist in training members of staff
- Any other duties as required
- Solicitor/Barrister Qualification
- For candidates who are Solicitors it is preferable if they have obtained their civil Higher Rights of Audience qualification to enable them to practise in the higher courts of England and Wales
- Candidates must have Part 7 litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial, including attending CMC’s and making interim applications
- Multi track experience is preferable with Fast Track litigation experience a must
- Candidates must be comfortable in attending conference with lay clients and their representative to provide advice as well as being comfortable attending conference with external counsel in order to take advice on issues, as and when required.
- Basic Salary Competitive
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- “Me Time”
- Employee Assistance Programme