In House Legal (5+PQE) - Head of Legal - Fintech - West Midlands
We are instructed on a fantastic new Head of Legal opportunity with a growing fintech in the West Midlands.
A multi-award winning fintech company; a real pioneer in the financial services space. It is transforming the way that advice is delivered to the customers of major financial services brands. Its products are at the cutting edge of technology.
A people-centred business which prides itself on a friendly, positive and collaborative culture. It has a diverse workforce who bring passion and fun to the office.
This is a standalone legal role - Head of Legal. The successful candidate will report into the Chief Finance Officer and work closely with the Executive Team. Duties and responsibilities include:
· Commercial contracts: responsible for tender, contracts, negotiation and legal processes for existing and prospective corporate clients and suppliers. Drafting and negotiating contracts for B2B solutions and contracts with employer clients
· Ownership of all RFI and RFP submissions, working alongside the Business Development Manager Account Directors
· Managing due diligence requests from potential corporate partners
· Management of the company’s portfolio of IPR including patents and trademarks
· Company secretarial matters and ensuring appropriate insurance policies are in place
You will someone who is able to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally. You will have excellent drafting skills with sharp attention to detail as well as strong negotiation and influencing skills. You will be a collaborator who drives consensus at all levels and draws input and engagement across diverse audiences within and outside of the business.
You will have at least 5 years’ PQE and experience in drafting B2B contracts and managing negotiations of the same (anyone with experience in a financial services or regulated environment would be an advantage). You will have knowledge and experience of IP licensing and protection.
· £65,000 salary
· 25 days holiday with the opportunity to buy more
· Pension, health and dental plan, life assurance
· Flexible working
· Amazing open, vibrant offices