Winckworth Sherwood is an exciting, diverse and growing business. Joining our team will see you work with some of the UK’s most interesting clients.
In the last year alone we have:
- Worked on corporate transactions valued at over £3 billion
- Advised our developer and social housing clients on over £1.6 billion of residential sales and over £1 billion of refinancings
- Advised on HS2 which will see the development of over 330 miles of railway network with an expected £59 billion benefit to the wider economy
- As if that wasn’t enough, we are also involved in the transformation of Battersea Power Station and act for the majority of London’s major Housing Associations who together own assets of over £17.3 billion.
- However it’s not all about big numbers and high-profile projects; the real success of our business comes from the ability of our teams to provide fantastic service and create long-lasting relationships.
Our Private Client and Tax team are looking for an ambitious senior immigration lawyer to help set up the Firm’s immigration practice and expand the Firm’s Private Client offering.
The role will particularly suit an experienced immigration lawyer who has had experience of working with clients in the ultra-high net worth space and understands the importance of a tailored customer service. The role will also suit an individual who regularly acts as first port of call for the client and is able to take the lead on cases.
Your key responsibilities and duties
You will have direct responsibility for the provision of comprehensive legal advice, including end-to-end case management. You will be managing and developing client relationships and providing advice on complex UK immigration matters.
You will need to be proactive in developing and attending firm marketing and networking events.
You will have experience in preparing applications for:
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Investor);
- Tier 2 sponsor licensing applications, leave to remain and entry clearance, certificates of sponsorship;
- Tier 5 applications;
- Business visitor advice;
- Indefinite leave to remain;
- Family related immigration (spouses, unmarried partners etc.); and EEA Applications
Client base and type of work
The Private Client and Tax team advises international and UK clients in the ultra-high net worth space, particularly from the CIS and Middle East regions on the international side. We also advise family offices, private banks and trustees. Our expanding international client base has a strong demand for bespoke immigration advice.
You will have the following attributes:
- A qualified solicitor with at least 5 years PQE in Immigration law
- A broad range of previous high quality immigration practice experience is essential
- Excellent communication both written and verbal - the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members
- Strong business acumen, in particular when dealing with Tier 2 employer clients, and HNW Entrepreneur and investor clients
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the immigration appeal process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to see issues from a commercial perspective
- Regularly acts as first port of call for the client and is able to take the lead on cases
- Able to plan workload often with conflicting deadlines, able to meet deadlines and priorities for own work taking into account delivery expectations and agreed client service standards