10 months ago
Immigration Manager (German Attorney - London)
Are you a qualified German attorney? Are you currently, or have you recently been, an immigration attorney at a German law firm that advised on immigration cases? Ready for a position in London handling German in-bound immigration? We might be looking
Berry Appleman & Leiden, a premier global corporate immigration law firm, is seeking a Bi-lingual German/English, qualified German Immigration Attorney for an Immigration Manager position on the German
Immigration Team in our London office.
* This position requires qualification as a German Attorney with experience in German in-bound immigration work.
* This position is located in the UK, at the BAL London office.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the UK, as BAL will not be providing sponsorship for this position.
OVERVIEW: The Attorney/Immigration Manager will have a dual role of managing their team in executing case work for their region in addition to being an account manager for clients based in their respective region.
* Provide case advice and strategy and make judgment calls and decisions
* Review and revise casework
* Lead or attend conference calls with clients
* Approve and monitor billing Run and monitor various reports
* Provide training to the client’s local staff as needed
* Consider ways to better serve the client through enhanced services or customization
* Have weekly status meetings with each team member
* Provide direction and advice to the team
* Recommend appropriate personnel actions, i.e. promotions, disciplinary actions, compensation reviews, and other HR matters
* Complete performance reviews annually for team members, including setting goals and professional development activities for team members and helping them meet them throughout the year
* Partner with HR to address any employee issues
* Be an advocate/liaison for the team
* Attend and participate in firm meetings and attorney meetings
* Approve timesheets as required (where applicable) and approve time off requests in a timely manner
Skills and Abilities:
* Must be bilingual have excellent German and English writing and oral communication skills.
* Excellent organization and computer skills required
* Subject matter expertise in German immigration services
* Ability to work independently Mastery of immigration service skills
* Proven ability to handle complex, challenging cases with thoroughness and proficiency
* Proven ability to manage corporate clients as it relates to area of specialization
* Able and willing to share knowledge with others and effectively communicate policies/procedures/protocols to all
* Previous experience with coordinating immigration processes highly preferred
* Previous experience with international human resources, and/or global relocation highly preferred
* Previous proven managerial experience preferred Skills in Excel, MS Word Bilingual/multilingual preferred
* Requires qualification as a German Attorney. Requires professional fluency in English and German.
* Requires 3 years or more of experience in German in-bound immigration.
* Requires prior experience working directly with German Authorities.
Minimum Education Level:
* 2nd state exam and being admitted to the bar in Germany.
* University degree.
Send This Job to a Friend