Role: IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Location: Holborn, Central London
Duration: 11 months
Payment Method: PAYE
- LLB Degree
- LPC Qualification
- At least 3 years litigation experience
Experienced litigation lawyer, with public law experience, to conduct their own demanding case load of immigration cases.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide robust advice Provide legal advice in answer to complex compliance enquiries from external stakeholders
Case handling and management
- Ability to work independently.
- Draft pleadings and advice.Uses a process of analysis, planning, scheduling, prioritising, action, quality monitoring and review.
- Takes responsibility for own work with substantial degree of autonomy but knowing when to consult and delegate. Gives early warning to those affected by changing priorities.
- Displays an understanding of the resourcing requirements of own cases.
- Displays and understanding of the context in which the client operates.
- Adopts a professional attitude and a style most likely to build an effective working relationship with the client.
- Responds to reasonable client requests including agreeing achievable and realistic actions, time scales.
- Acknowledges clients’ concerns and works to alleviate these in a way which balances client needs. Is alert to media interest which may have an impact on the reputation of the client.
- Helps other team members to meet tight deadlines to preserve department’s reputation.
- Focuses on customer service and looks pro-actively for solutions.
- Keeps abreast of legal developments and current thinking on related policy issues.
- Uses training and other methods to refresh and improve their skills and others.