about 1 year ago
Immigration Advisor (UK Team)
1. This position requires at least 1 year prior UK in-bound experience, specifically with Tier 2 in a high volume corporate environment.
2. This position is located in the UK, at the BAL London office.
3. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the UK, as BAL will not be providing sponsorship for this position.
OVERVIEW: The Immigration Advisor will report directly to the Supervising Solicitor/Immigration Manager and will work as an integral member of the team assisting with case preparation and case management.
• Counsel and respond to queries from human resources, managers and employees on all global immigration-related matters. This would include visa processing, documentation, visa options, risks, timelines, etc.
• Prepare applications, letters, forms, etc. to obtain initial work permits, residence permits, and related documents and extensions of same
• Responsible for accurately maintaining our database to ensure all data is recorded and all appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner to pro-actively drive the case forward and keep the client and the BAL account manager updated in real time
• Maintain relationships with BAL’s global immigration service providers and ensure that employees are receiving quality service at all times
• Update internal team on new immigration policies and procedures
• Administrative duties associated with global immigration case management, including but not limited to: processing payments and/or reimbursements, processing invoices, requesting document verification letters, generating reports, and maintaining required
legal documentation, etc.
• Interact with government officials or outsourcing partners at Embassies, Consulates, High Commissions, Visa Application Centers, county clerk, or US State level Secretaries of State; in person, by email, fax and phone as required.
• Perform other related duties as required/assigned in support of the firm.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in all dealings
• Must be able to multi-task and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Must effectively participate in and facilitate in a oneBAL team environment
• Must have time management and prioritization skills
• Must demonstrate strong organization skills
• Must have keen attention to detail
• Must think and act independently with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
• At least 1 year of immigration experience with UK in-bound immigration in a high volume corporate setting
Minimum Education Level:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
All candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. (BAL will not provide sponsorship for this position.)