3 months ago
HR Executive / Office Manager
We have a unique opportunity for a HR professional with experience in Facilities management to join our London office as a key member of the Management Services team.
As a key link within the London office for both support and fee earning staff the post holder will be liaising with Partners and Managers across the business on a regular basis, as well as London based employees. The main responsibility for this role is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR Policy and support, PA Coordination, and Facilities Services within the London Office.
Daily duties will be;
* To act as first point of contact in the recruitment process which will include preparation of job and person specifications preparation; liaising with agencies; placing advertisements as appropriate; collating CV's and organising interviews
* To lead and manage a team effectively
* To provide HR advice on any issues that arise within the London office and manage the process as appropriate
* To provide overall management of the PA and facilities team within the London office
* To issue new starter paperwork including contracts of employment, and associated documents
* To issue new starter/leaver/move bulletins to relevant teams.
* To accurately calculate payroll requirements and complete the necessary paperwork for all London staff.
* To manage effective use of agency temp staff within London
* To administer and take part in HR section of induction program for new starts
* To manage 3 month reviews of appropriate new starts and ensure appropriate follow through
* To coordinate the paperwork and administration of annual appraisals
* To manage London based work experience programmes
* To administer all SRA CPD activities to ensure SRA compliant including all pre and post course paperwork is maintained in appropriate format
* To provide assistance on learning and development activities
* To coordinate and organise any soft skills training as requested
* To manage the trainee review process and hold regular meetings with the London based trainees
* To maintain the SRA trainee Professional Skills Course information and training records, book courses and ensure trainees have completed the necessary hours to qualify
* To support Diversity initiatives including collating any required reports
* To manage absence management procedures within the London office
* To log and sign off facility invoices and pass to the appropriate manager for settlement ensuring that relevant cost codes are listed/works accounted for and invoiced logged on tracker system.
* To liaise with landlord, service engineers, fitters and trades persons regarding equipment and building faults/general works/security for out of hours works.
* To monitor and report on the standard of decoration and repair.
* To attend tenant meetings as required
* To organise and administer swipe cards for new starters and additional visitor cards as required.
* To be the main point of contact for the London partners and the facilities team in respect of ordering/supply of additional office materials that may be required.
* To manage the trainee flat(s) in London
* The planning and management of intra office moves along with any other more significant office moves as required.
* Management of travel requests
* Coordination of evacuation / first aid
* Checking and 1st sign off for office rent, rates etc.
* Management of all 3rd party facility contracts – cleaning etc.
* Provide absence cover for facilities team members as required
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the appropriate manager.
We will be looking for candidates that are/have;
* CIPD qualified with a minimum of 5 years mainstream HR experience including recruitment, disciplinary and policy development (Highly Desirable)
* Able to work autonomously
* Able to use influencing skills both upwards and downwards
* Detail conscious with competent numeric skills; advanced written communication skills
* Able to develop and deliver soft skills training courses
* Good knowledge of application of employment law with particular reference to diversity legislation
* Preferably experience of undertaking facilities management work (Highly Desirable)
An ideal candidate will have had exposure to both HR and Facilities responsibilities through their career.
For a full detail on daily duties please review the Job Specification, attached below.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and a covering letter via below link.Please note that we can only consider applications from those who have also completed our diversity monitoring questionnaire, so please also complete that by following the link below.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.