about 1 month ago
We are looking for an experienced and talented Assistant to join the team and work across the Partner Advisory team to provide first class HR advice and guidance to partners globally.
* Global role supporting a client base of approximately 480
* Part of a virtual team comprising Partner Advisory, Risk, Partnership Secretariat and Tax & Partnership
Provide support across the full Partner Advisory lifecycle, including specifically for the following:
* Partner Election Process
* Lateral Recruitment and onboarding
* Contractual Arrangements
* Production of paperwork for board meetings and resulting actions.
* Focus on efficiency, the candidate will focus on reducing the amount of administration done in the role by implementing automation and other efficiencies.
* Ad Hoc projects as required.
This role will also lead in the following areas:
* Liaising directly with Partners to confirm sabbatical dates, and act as first point of contact for any queries.
* Maintain management reports and ensure Workday records are correct.
Maternities, Paternities & Adoption Leave
* Act as first point of contact for any queries around maternity leave.
* Liaise with Tax and Partnership to ensure cash flows are produced where necessary.
HR Management Information
* Working with HR People Services for all Workday changes for partners globally.
* Responsible for the provision of HR management reports as required.
* Liaison with People Services to ensure transactional processes are managed effectively
* Production of paperwork
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
· Excellent organisational skills
· Uses initiative
· Able to win the respect and confidence of others quickly
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Adaptable and flexible
· Committed, determined and resilient
· Professional approach
· Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
· Ability to prioritise
· Strong team skills
· Experience of working in a professional organisation
· 6-12 months experience in a HR role
· Strong organisational/self-management skills
· Proven IT skills
· Experience of using Workday
· Commercially aware
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters. We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments. These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name. Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”. We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers. Your offer will be subject to the successful completion of these checks which will be initiated following your consent.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance. Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.