12 months ago
Are you an HR professional looking to develop your career in a growing international law firm?
About the role
You will ensure the delivery of a proactive and high quality HR service to the business including:
* Timely and high quality HR support, handling day-to-day matters such as employee and manager queries, probation discussions, exit interviews, maternity/paternity/parental leave, flexible working applications, absence, health and performance management, with professionalism, commerciality and a high level of customer service.
* The provision of complex HR and employee relations support, coaching and guidance where necessary.
* Supporting and empowering Partners and Managers to effectively deal with a range of people issues, such as motivation, giving feedback, managing performance and dealing with disciplinary issues and grievances as they arise.
* To support cyclical HR activity such as performance reviews and the annual reward cycle.
* Collating and provide high quality MI to Partners, Managers and the HR Business Partner.
* Working with colleagues to drive innovation and continuous improvement across the HR function, creating and revising policies, procedures and processes that reflect best practice, and managing HR project work.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a proactive customer service focus and flexible approach to working in a busy team and under pressure. With an excellent level of written and spoken English, you are able to articulate best practice HR in a practical and accessible manner. You will have good analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and are able to build relationships at all levels based on trust, respect and service delivery.
You will have strong HR knowledge and are able to manage a range of issues and will develop good coaching, influencing and negotiation skills. You are methodical and organised in your approach, an energetic resilient individual, who has a proactive ‘can do’ attitude, with a willingness to learn and develop.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.