10 months ago
Position: HR Administrator
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent company benefits
Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for an HR Administrator to join our HR team in our Flagship offices in Manchester City Centre. The role is primarily to provide high quality service to the business and to contribute to the effective development, implementation and maintenance of operational HR systems, processes, policies and procedures which are fit for purpose and aligned to the needs of Slater and Gordon as well as HR best practice.
The HR Administrator will work with the HR Team Leader and other HR Services Colleagues to provide generalist administrative and transactional HR support to contribute to the effective delivery of the HR strategy.
Key purpose and accountabilities
Reporting to the Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the delivery of operational HR activity including effective, efficient and high quality administration.
• Proactively contributing to the continuous improvement to HR systems, processes and procedures through innovations which improve efficiency and/or quality.
• Supporting effective record keeping both manually and electronically so that data is as complete and accurate as possible and meaningful management information can be produced.
• Supporting HR Managers/Generalists in their roles and carrying out requests in a timely fashion
• Providing contracts and other documentation to new starters joining the business
• References to other companies when requested
• Supporting the delivery of annual processes and/or ad hoc projects.
• To assist and support all members of the wider HR team as required.
Requirements of the position
• HR Qualification/CIPD Accreditation advantageous but not essential
• Experience of HR Administration and of using HR/Payroll Systems also advantageous but not essential.
• Literate and numerate with excellent oral and written communication. Able to communicate clearly and accurately with strong attention to detail and good spelling and grammar
• Evidence of working innovatively to drive continuous improvement
• Proven track record in building and maintaining friendly, professional relationships with colleagues and internal/external clients whilst handling confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
• Evidence of ability to work well in a team and proactively on own initiative to meet deadlines
• Evidence of excellent timekeeping and organisational skills with the ability to work flexibly and prioritise competing demands
• Working knowledge of Windows based systems/ packages.
• Excellent IT skills. Experience of using Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Resilient and calm under pressure
What we offer in return;
In return we offer a positive and inviting work environment and the opportunity to develop your career with a leading international Law firm
Who we are;
Slater and Gordon Limited is a leading consumer law firm in Australia and the United Kingdom. We employ 1,210 people in 54 locations across Australia and 3,130 people across 25 locations in the UK. Slater and Gordon’s mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas.
Founded in Australia in 1935 the company has grown from quite humble beginnings to building a powerful reputation throughout our history as a law firm that fights to achieve the best outcomes and ensure that more people are able to access affordable legal services.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in applying, please follow the online application process by clicking the “Apply” button.