Job Title: Head of RTA
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
The Head of Department will be responsible for the operational management of a litigated RTA team, as well as mentoring the RTA MOJ Portal team.
The jobholder will encourage, mentor and develop all members of the team to including Solicitors, Fee Earners, Paralegals and Admin Assistants. They will ensure the team meets its objectives and targets and to continuously improve the quality of the team’s work.
- Monitoring the caseload/workload of team members distributing files or tasks and dealing with capacity planning
- Maximising the personal development of team members and identifying training needs ensuring that post-training evaluation takes place
- Providing an 'environment’ where team members feel motivated
- Promoting team working
- Continuously improving the quality of work in the team, conducting audits as required by administrative policies and procedures, giving feedback to team members and drafting and implementing improvement plans
- Monitoring weekly and monthly financial management information of the team and team members and managing performance of team members against Key Performance Indicators
- Checking incoming and outgoing post as required by administrative policies and procedures
- Preparing for and conducting Team Meetings, including disseminating information from Team Leader or Departmental Meetings.
- Speaking with clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing team members according to the firm's policies and employment laws and ensuring that HR procedures are followed such as appraisals, discipline and grievances
- Effectively deal with complaints through agreed handling processes.
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
- 10 Years’ experience conducting own caseload of RTA Matters
- Experience managing fee earning team
- Excellent Billing Record
- Experience dealing with a Litigated Caseload
- Ability to manage a team of Solicitors, Trainees and Support Staff
If you have the required experience please get in touch with Bonnie Rowle at Straight Line Search