12 days ago
Head of Residential Property - West Wales
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced solicitor to join our busy Residential Property team.
Our strong team based in our West Wales offices handle a busy caseload, working together seamlessly to deliver a client-focused and streamlined service. The team enjoys positive, professional relationships with clients, local businesses, local agents and financial advisors. We are looking for an individual who will play a key role in the management and development of the team based in its West Wales offices and help shape the delivery of residential property services to both established and new clients.
The role will primarily involve:
* Managing your own caseload of residential property files including sale and purchase
* Effectively leading a team of solicitors, legal assistants and secretaries, in order to achieve effective and efficient client service whilst managing your own caseload
* Dealing with clients, businesses, agents and lenders in a professional manner
* Acting as an integral part of the Residential Property team to ensure business targets are achieved and exceeded
* Assisting with staffing and resources including recruitment and learning and development
* Ensuring the adoption of best practice and compliance in all areas
* Maintaining a good understanding of the local area and driving forward the team’s business development in West Wales
* Assisting with the management of team finances and budgets
* Being a visible point of contact for clients and senior management and responding accordingly to queries
This role would suit an individual with solid experience in residential property matters and ideally with experience of supervising and managing a team. The successful candidate will also need to travel between our West Wales office locations, including Carmarthen, Haverfordwest and Fishguard.
We are looking for employees with a flexible, driven and supportive ethos who also have:
* Excellent administration and organisation skills
* An eye for accuracy and attention to detail
* The ability to manage and prioritise a busy and varying workload
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relations with colleagues
* The ability to work at a highly professional level
* A commitment to team goals and personal development
Why join the team at JCP?
You will be able to access a range of excellent employee benefits including:
* Competitive salary and bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance and health cash plan
* Employer pension contribution of 4%
* Cycle to work scheme
* Internal training and career development opportunities
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please download an application form here. Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to Jacqui Gower, HR Manager, JCP Solicitors, Venture Court, Valley Way, Enterprise Park, Swansea, SA6 8AH or .This vacancy closes on 20th September 2019*.
* Please be aware that JCP Solicitors reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
JCP Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer. The business does not tolerate any less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the in the workplace, or any other prejudice.