11 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join CMS in a high profile HR role. You will provide HR leadership and support to all International offices, in particular acting as business partner and trusted advisor to the regional MD and managing partners. Acting as the primary HR interface between the international offices and the UK.
About the role
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Work closely with the Central Eastern European MD to deliver HR strategy in line with business requirements
• Build and develop relationships with key international partners, acting as coach and mentor where required
• Ensure firm-wide initiatives are communicated and managed effectively
• Work in collaboration with UK teams e.g. L&D to ensure consistent top-quality service to Intl offices
• Understand remuneration and reward issues across the Intl portfolio and work with MP’s to implement appropriate strategy
• Oversee and contribute to the selection and assessment process for new partners
• Manage the International HR budget and work with MP’s to control headcount and costs
• Provide expert advice on performance management issues for partners
• In collaboration with the Intl tax manager, manage the movement of inter-office secondments
You will have
• A strong consultative style
• Proven coaching and mentoring skills
• Capacity to establish professional credibility quickly
• Strong influencing and communication skills
• Good HR generalist skills gained in an International role, preferably in a law firm or professional services firm
• Be client focused
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Interim Recruitment Manager.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.