Head of New Private Family Law Department
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Family Solicitor/Legal Executive to head up a new Private Family Law department at a leading private client and commercial law firm in a vibrant central Liverpool location.
You will be leading the way in building and developing a new department and workload whilst having the full support of management to progress and drive the department forward.
You will be running a caseload of private family law matters including:-
* Co-habitation disputes
* Prenuptual and Postnuptual Agreements
* Business Development
* Main Responsibilities
* Handling cases in compliance with relevant internal and external professional standards
* Comply with all internal policies and procedures
* Comply with current Code of Conduct and other relevant external regulations and professional guidelines
* Provide up-to-date, accurate, effective, practical and equitable legal advice and representation.
* Maintain and update the Business Plan for the Department
* Review monthly billings/new matters/cash received and report reasons for variances to the Practice Director
* Efficient administration and handling of personal case load, to include - Taking instructions in person, in writing or by telephone from new and existing clients,
representing clients in court and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current law and trends
* Maintaining a court conference and file review diary, to include - Monthly billing and time recording
* Optimise the Practice recovery of costs and disbursements
* Utilise the Proclaim case management system
* Refer any cases causing concern immediately to the Directors as appropriate
* Fully and actively contribute to the effective operation and development of the department and the Practice as appropriate
* Create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships with colleagues and relevant external bodies
* Represent the Practice in the community
* Obtain new cases for the Practice in accordance with relevant external regulations and internal marketing statements
* Promote the vision, priorities and objectives of the Practice
* Undertake any relevant Learning and Development as per the SRA Code
* To carry out all duties accurately and efficiently, within internal and external guidelines to agreed deadlines
* Any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Directors or Practice Director.
* 3-5 years PQE Family Solicitor/Legal Executive
* Advocacy experience
* Confident with business development
* Experienced in dealing with a broad range of family related matters
* Have a people-centred approach
* Be able to deliver first class client service
* Be commercially minded
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact James Hutchinson at Interlink Recruitment for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.