ACS are looking for an experienced Conveyancer to join the Manchester office of a well-established law firm on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will take on the role as Head of Department, which involves encouraging, mentoring and developing all members of the team. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the team meets its objectives and targets, with the aim of continuously improving the quality of the team's work.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage caseload of mixed conveyancing matters including residential and commercial matters (broad mix of sales/purchases/freehold/leasehold)
- Overseeing all stages of the conveyancing process, from instruction to completion
- Build a caseload of high quality residential property sales and purchases and will be given the autonomy and support to generate new business and develop the caseload as you see fit.
- Conducting a regular review of Fee Earner caseload, auditing files to ensure the case is progressing in accordance with the firm's Plan and defined procedures.
- Design efficient internal processes within case management system (Proclaim)
- Speaking with clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Effectively deal with complaints through agreed handling processes.
- Preparing for and conducting Team Meetings, including disseminating information from Departmental/Management Meetings.
- Tracking team performance on a daily basis in order to maximise the personal development of team members. Working with Head of HR to identify training needs, ensuring that post training evaluation takes place
- Monitoring weekly and monthly financial management information of the team and team members and managing performance of team members against Key Performance Indicators
- Continuously improving the quality of work in the team, conducting audits as required by administrative policies and procedures, giving feedback to team members and drafting and implementing improvement plans
- Managing team members according to the firms policies and employment laws and ensuring that HR procedures are followed such as appraisals, discipline and grievances
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Requirements of the candidate include:
- Previous management experience is essential
- Able to effectively utilise each team member to his/her full potential
- Must possess a Law degree and/or be licensed with Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC)
- Experience working with residential and commercial conveyancing processes and procedures
- Previous experience in managing a case from a case management system (ideally Proclaim)
- Extensive knowledge of sales and purchase of leasehold and freehold, re-mortgages and schemes such as Help to Buy and equity sharing arrangements
- Able to organise and prioritise workload especially under pressure
- Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and made constructive suggestions for change
- Motivate the teams to work together in the most efficient manner in order to attain goals
- Ability to deliver engaging, informative and well organised presentations
- Ability to impart information at different levels, as required
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.